- Adults (including the elderly) and children aged 12 years and over: Fill the measure cup to 20 ml mark (or four 5 ml spoonfuls). Take just before going to bed.
- Do not take Night Nurse it you have already taken 4 doses of a paracetamol-containing product during the day.
- You should only take one dose of Night Nurse per night.
- Not to be given to children under 12 years of age except on medical advice.
- If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
Night Nurse Liquid – 160ml
Night Nurse Liquid 160ml helps clear flu symptoms and improves your sleep so that your body can regain its strength and heal naturally.
All night relief
- Tickly coughs
- Shivers, aches, and pains
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Aids restful sleep
This liquid contains paracetamol which acts as a painkiller, and antipyretic which brings down your temperature when you have a fever.
It has promethazine, an antihistamine that reduces nasal allergy symptoms and eases breathing. Dextromethorphan is included and acts as a cough suppressant to relieve dry or tickly coughs.
Do not take Night Nurse if:
- You are allergic to paracetamol, promethazine hydrochloride, dextromethorphan hydrobromide or any of the other ingredients listed. Sodium benzoate is a mild irritant to the skin, eyes and lips.
- You are taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, medicines prescribed by your, doctor or hospital for depression (including monoamine oxidase inhibitors or MAOIs).
- You are having a pregnancy test carried out on your urine. The product contains 18% v/v alcohol (ethyl alcohol), equivalent to 3.6 ml per 20 ml dose.
- Do not take it you are pregnant, breast feeding, suffer from liver disease, epilepsy, alcoholism, brain injury or disease as the product may increase or decrease the effects of other medicines you are taking.
Talk to your doctor first if:
- You have asthma or other breathing problems, epilepsy, glaucoma, urinary retention (difficulty in passing water), or prostate or heart problems.
- You are taking medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants e.g. warfarin), drugs to control nausea and vomiting or drugs to control high lipid levels.
- You are taking medicines which make you drowsy, or which give you a dry mouth or blurred vision, or which have been prescribed for anxiety or to help you sleep.
Paracetamol Ph Eur 1000mg, promethazine hydrochloride Ph Eur 20.0mg and dextromethorphan hydrobromide Ph Eur 15.0 mg.
Other ingredients are liquid glucose, ethyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol, sodium cyclamate, acesulfame K, sodium acid citrate, sodium benzoate (E 211), medicated flavour, colours quinoline yellow (E 104) and patent blue V (E131), and water. Carbohydrate content 13.1g per dose.
Night Nurse Liquid – 160ml