Always use Daktarin cream exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Using the cream:
- Each tube of Daktarin cream is sealed. You will need to use the cap to pierce the seal
- Rub the cream gently into the affected area and surrounding skin with clean fingers
- Do not put Daktarin cream into or near the eyes - it is for use on the skin and nails only
- Do not swallow the cream
For skin infections:
- Use the cream twice a day - once in the morning and again at night
For nail infections:
- Use the cream once or twice a day. Your doctor will tell you which one
- Unless the affected skin is on your hands, wash your hands with soap and water after using the cream. Washing your hands after using the cream will stop you spreading the infection to other parts of your body or to other people
- Do not allow other people to use your flannel or towel. This will stop them from getting your infection
- Clothing that touches infected skin should be washed and changed often. Daktarin cream is non-greasy and should not stain clothes
When to stop using Daktarin cream:
- Keep using the cream for 10 days after all signs of infection have gone away. This will stop the infection from coming back.
If you swallow Daktarin cream:
- If you swallow any cream, talk to a doctor or go to the nearest hospital casualty department straight away.
If you forget a dose:
- Do not apply the missed dose of cream. Apply the next dose of cream as usual and keep using the cream as your doctor has told you. Do not use a double dose of cream to make up for a missed dose
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.