Cold Therapy should be applied as follows: on for 20 minutes, off for 2 hours and repeat.
A simple rule to follow for cold therapy is the R.I.C.E. rule:.
- Rest - stay off the injury.
- Ice - apply cold therapy.
- Compression - use a support wrap or plastic bandage.
- Elevation - keep injury in a raised position.
Always consult a doctor if pain and swelling continue.
Instructions for Use.
1. Rinse ice cubes first before placing in bag to prevent sharp edges. Fill ice bag 3/4 full with cubes or crushed ice. Twist cap on tightly.
2. Place the head of the ice bag through the stand alone opening of the wrap.
3. Place the ice bag on the area to be treated and complete the wrapping procedure. Choose one of three (3) openings that provides the most comfortable level of compression. Place the head of the ice bag through this opening.
4. Using the hook and loop fastener, adhere the end to the wrap for a secure fit.