Chat us if you don’t find what you looking for.
Piriton Allergy Tablets – 30 Tablets
Piriton Allergy Tablets acts as an antihistamine to keep you free from allergy symptoms. It contains the active ingredient Chlorphenamine which relieves the symptoms of allergies and itchy skin rashes.
Effective allergy treatment
These tablets are effective for:
- Dust mites and mould spore allergies
- Nettle rashes and hives
- Skin allergies and dermatitis
- Prickly heat and heat rash
- Allergic reactions to certain foods or food additives
- Medicine reactions
- Insect bites and stings
- Itching caused by chickenpox
Piriton Allergy Tablets are round, yellow tablets engraved on one side with a P above the break line.Each tablet contains the active ingredient: Chlorphenamine maleate 4 mg. Other ingredients: Lactose, maize starch, yellow iron oxide (E172), magnesium stearate and water.
Adults (including the elderly) and children aged over 12 years: Take one tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: Give 1/2 tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Do not give more than 6 half tablets in 24 hours.
- Children under 6 years of age: Not recommended.
- Are allergic to antihistamines or to any of the ingredients listed above.
- Have taken drugs for depression called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) within the last 14 days.
- Have epilepsy, glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, an overactive thyroid, very high blood pressure, or heart, liver or lung disease.
- Are taking drugs to treat anxiety or to help you sleep.
- Are taking any medicine containing phenytoin for epilepsy.
- As with other antihistamines the effects of alcohol may be increased.
- Medicines should not be used during pregnancy, or breast feeding, without seeking advice from a doctor.
- These tablets may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision and loss of co-ordination. If you experience any of these effects do not drive or operate machinery.
- This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking.